Going on a cross country trip, (which takes about half a day) I got to see a lot of rocky parched land. From the window of the passenger seat, it was my first time to really encounter the life of the shepherd.
I’m guessing they were people uneducated beyond the trade of
their father. I wonder what they know of God or what they talk about around the
camp at night. Imagine such people on the night the angels sang. Probably not
the men I would prefer coming to my child’s birth.
The shepherds are scraggly men, living in scraggly tents, with
scraggly sheep, eating scraggly things.
Our Lord and Savior was born in a stable and was placed in a
manger and was called the Great Shepherd!
What could this mean? Jesus became a
scraggly man to care for us his scraggly sheep while living in a scraggly place
to become covered with our dust.






No comments:
Post a Comment