Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Down the Road 2

I like to keep going even when the sun is down. Before living in a big city where people were out at all times of night, late was never an issue and in America I have a car with headlights so could get around just fine. 
Here on the other hand, with it now getting dark at 5pm and people turning in early particularly women, it has been a little adjustment. I like being a pretty confident person and a South African and an Arab friend said I'm pretty street savvy (which I like to say comes from being homeschooled). But many people would have me live in more fear calling it "sense". The other night I was walking back home on a few dark "emptyish" roads except for the few young guys who like to make an array of salutations and comments. Who comes up to me but a 9 year old boy, one in a family of 9 siblings that I visit. I smile as God sends his angels in many different sizes. A blessing of visiting so many families with so many kids is that most places you go there is someone around that's got your back cause you've become a person to them with a name and a relationship.  


No comments:

Post a Comment