A couple weeks of inviting people, a week of cleaning, shopping, and cooking, my Christmas party was underway. My large apartment isn’t so much fun to clean, but I’m glad it allows me to invite whoever might want to come over. And that is just what I had in mind to do, invite anyone and everyone who might want to come. My neighbors gave me a little artificial tree, a friend of mine decorated it for me, another friend bought me some lights to hang up, my sister sent me English Christmas music to play, a friend gave me Arabic Christmas music, others helped by bringing food and drinks. People from all my social circles were planning to come. I didn’t require a RSVP, so I just would wait to see how many people decided to come. The party started at 7:00PM and four and a half hours later when everyone was gone except for two girls staying the night, I sat down to think of how many people had come. If I remembered everyone and include myself there were 70 people at my house helping me celebrate a very special season of remembrance. My guests ranged from 5 months to 85 years old. I must say I am very thankful for people who brought food, took out the garbage, refilled empty plates, swept, and talked with people they didn’t know this makes hosting a party by yourself a “little” easier.
What a wonderful gift to have such an exciting thing to celebrate!



No comments:
Post a Comment