I've become affectionately known in the city as Om Zeky (the mother of Zeky) from the popular Syrian TV series Bab El Hara (The Door of the Neighborhood).
She is a midwife that knows most everyone in the community and is always seen out in the town going from house to house.
One Sunday, the neighborhood kids showed up early for worship at my house. I asked them, "What do you know about Jesus?"
The response:
He loves children, and he loves to visit homes.
I smiled to myself. Why these two things? I had taught no particular stories with this emphasis.
She is a midwife that knows most everyone in the community and is always seen out in the town going from house to house.
One Sunday, the neighborhood kids showed up early for worship at my house. I asked them, "What do you know about Jesus?"
The response:
He loves children, and he loves to visit homes.
I smiled to myself. Why these two things? I had taught no particular stories with this emphasis.
You see sometimes we're the only Jesus people know.

No comments:
Post a Comment