Sunday, October 20, 2019

Ox Sunday

Preparing myself for church, "The first will be last and the last will be first... Do not choose the seat of honor..."
God wants a humble people,so instead of getting to teach on humility I got to practice it. I think, for the first time in a year and a half here, not even one person came to worship despite the full house last week.

Then a mom calls and wants me to teach her daughter for tomorrow's exam. I guess that went well with the "Ox in the ditch on the Sabbath" part of this week's passage.

After drilling her for an hour and a half, I looked in her big brown eyes and urged her with the final part of this week's passage, "Don't make an excuse when invited to the banquet, but come in that God's house may be full."


This is life, this is the body, this is church.

Luke 13 and 14

No comments:

Post a Comment