Tuesday, September 3, 2019

The Kingdom

"Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."
Matthew 6:33
Not PUT first, SEEK.
What do we seek?
How do we seek?
What does it look like to seek first?
We're seeking not just Him, but his kingdom. The establishment of something bigger by living out His righteousness and applying it to all our affairs.
His kingdom is justice, generosity, peace, love, forgiveness, diligence, persistence, perseverance, faithfulness, truthfulness, hope, belonging, joy, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, self-control, encouragement, support, comfort, and strength .
All those things that flesh would worry about I don't have to worry with because the first thing is first and everything else will follow.
Do I believe God enough to challenge others in this step of faith? Will he put food on their table as he has put on mine? Or is all I have only the result of being American?
"The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
Psalm 34:10

No comments:

Post a Comment