Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Jesus probably didn't wear headphones.

I sit down on the bus (preferably the single seat nearest to the door) and dig around in my bag for my headphones. Slipping in the purple earbuds and opening Anghami, my music app, I feel guilty.
Who should I talk to?
Who is sitting near me that has never heard of an amazing salvation.
Who am I missing the chance to tell?
My mind argues back, I've talk and listened to so many continually. This is my time! A chance to listen to some worship and be with the Father as I gaze out the window. It's like the taste of chocolate in a sad time.
But my eyes once again wander searching the faces of all those who step on the bus another life in need of hope. The hope that I have and that I am currently keeping to myself.
I write this on the bus having been bumped out of my single seat near the front to the back bench with 4 other girls.
With one pressed against me, I wonder if she can feel my heart beat.
May it ever beat louder for you Jesus.

Putting the period on that last sentence, I pulled out my earbuds and turned to the girl beside me... "So, you're in university?"
Turns out she was studying Islamic law. I got to listen and then share some from the sermon on the mount.

Jumped out, climbed into the next bus sat beside a girl who was untangling her own head phones. I had about a 5 second window... "So you're from the capitol?"

Life, lives, I better post this before getting on my final bus to get home.

Fill me Lord and may it always overflow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment