We American’s tend to hate uniforms. We find it an infringement on
our freedom and expression of individuality. Every day I go to work and see my
Syrian co-workers clad in their navy blue vest for our NGO. One day they made a
comment about getting me a vest and I laughed. “You don’t have to wear that,” I
said. “What! We want to!” They responded emphatically. This gave me thought for
pause. This vest was something great in their eyes. This wasn’t just extra
fabric to wear in the hot summer sun. This was a mark as they walked through
the camp. They had something that others didn’t they had a position, a job, a
salary, an education, and something to do. They belonged somewhere not many
inside the barbed wire fence could say the same.
This made me consider my identity as a Christian. We have a
position, a call, and somewhere we belong. The Father has clad us. Do we
REJOICE?

No comments:
Post a Comment