With one observation you take notice with several in a day the lesson is driven home.
It was a Saturday when I headed on my first visit to a man of 90 years. After some small talk he showed me his new phone and asked me to install a pornography blocker. I guess we never out grow our sinful nature.
My next stop was lunch prepared by a middle age lady who is almost completely blind and lives by herself. After enjoying some magluba, she asked me to see if their were bugs in her spice cabinet. Sure sure enough lots of little dead bugs lined the shelf. I removed the ingredients and wiped the critters out.
Both he and she would have probably rather not revealed the secret in the cabinet, both literally and figuratively, but when they found themselves with a problem they couldn't handle they were humble enough to reach out for help.
We all have to war against our flesh and the invasions which will lead to take over. But will we be there to help each other in the fight?
The next home I swung by had 2 girls and then a lady I had never met watching them. As we talked, I heard how this middle age lady was never able to have children, but here she was watching this single mom's kids.
We think it's only in our strength that we can help others, when in reality it's often in our weakness that we are really able to stand by others because we need each other.
We are stuck in our ways, blinded, or broken in a myriad of other ways.
Jesus forgive us. We need you to be the light in our darkness and put your light in us to shine where others have opened the door.
No comments:
Post a Comment