Sunday, November 19, 2017

My People

"You're going to tell us a story, right? It's my favorite thing," Mohamed says as he climbs out the pool and wraps up in a towel. On the ride home, he asks about lava in the end times. "I don't know about lava", I say, "But hell is described as a place of fire." "So it's like really important people go to heaven!?" the boy said. It penetrated my heart as I said "Yes."



A few weeks later on a camping trip, as we were walking back from the bathroom he asks "So what is the way to heaven?" After explaining the Way the Truth and the Life, he responds "So all my people are going to hell." The next night around the camp fire he asks to sing 10,000 Reasons.


It may be easier to close our eyes, to stay at home, to avoid the big questions but this boy will be one of my 10,000 reasons to worship the Lord today and may he give 10,000 more a reason to worship in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment