Thursday, April 25, 2013

    It has been a month since I arrived. The first three plus weeks I was staying with a friend who was going to be getting married, so I spent many of my days in her new apartment getting everything ready for the big day including transporting and arranging the many things that mother's here buy for their daughters throughout the years. I have also enjoyed reconnecting with old friends here and meeting new ones. The time in between included job and apartment hunting.
    One of the blessings of this country is that you just tell as many people as you can what you need and eventually there is one who knows how to get it. Three of my jobs interviews came from friends who spoke to the principal of the school, arranged an interview for me, and gave me a ride to the school!
After my friend's wedding, I moved in with another friend while her mom was on a pilgrimage to Mecca. As was recommended to me, her and I went around the city asking random locals such as fruit vendors if they knew about furnished apartments in the area or knew the one who did... most of the time they did and so I started to get an idea for what was out there and how much it would cost. I realized that I had a good deal in my last apartment which is now rented.
    As of Monday, I got an apartment and a job. The apartment is great, in a good area, and half as much as most that I saw. It is even cheaper than my old apartment. I am thankful for this blessing as well as a job teaching adults that will give me many opportunities and the flexibility I desire. I am very excited that I found an apartment, found a job, and get to see my family in just a couple of days as we will be meeting in Europe for vacation!
    I have been learning a lot since arriving. Learning the kind of lessons that one must keep putting into practice everyday. Each day I must give to the Father whether much or nothing seemed to be accomplished because he is the accomplisher, so I give him the work of my weary hands and learn to delight and rejoice in him for his burden is light, indeed it has been borne for me.
 My city
 The bride
 New furniture
 Cleaning

 The family

 The groom
 Signing the contract
The groom's family

The henna party
 A friend
 Still working with homeschool
 A day
 Sleeping in transportation a very common habit during the last month
 Maybe it shouldn't have been a flip flop day

No comments:

Post a Comment