Washing Feet
Ever since I was a child I have enjoyed the story where Jesus washes his disciples feet. It shows the servanthood, humility, and love of Jesus so well, and these are always characteristics I am in need of more in my own life.
Recently I was thinking of my own foot washing experiences.
There was the time in the poor community where I washed the preschoolers feet and they were never so quiet before as they sat there watching. I washed feet at my own church though it's not a norm its a beautiful picture of the relationship we ought to have together. A very unique time was when I got invited to a couple's house back in the States for dinner and to hear an Egyptian pastor speak before leaving the people that were left gathered around to pray for me and the hostess then washed my feet. Lastly, upon arriving here I went to stay the night with a girl that recently became a part of the family through our talks on Skype while I was still back in the States. She also having read the story and taking it to heart washed my feet.
Our Father is truly amazing how he works with grace and mercy taking our filth away. These were literal examples of foot washing but it makes me reflect on and rejoice in those daily acts of those who are reaching out to serve even like those who faithfully serve me by holding me up in prayer.
Loved the examples you gave about the humility of "footwashing"... The whole picture speaks to me of your life and desire to be HIM there. Thinking Hebrews 13:20-21 this morning for you... "equip you" and "work in you" that which is pleasing in His sight... love, mrs bowen
ReplyDelete