Monday, March 5, 2012

Experiances


I love new experiences, and I even get to enjoy them again as I recount them to my English class and laugh with them at my mini adventures. Today was my first time to the post office. It is just around the corner from my house but with a blog, email, facebook, and an internet phone I haven’t found communication through the snail mail necessary.
I walk-in hand one of the men behind the bars my letter. He then hands it to another man who says “ooo U.S.A. as he shakes it and holds it up to the light.” He puts 2 stamps on it, takes my money, and then hands it back to me. I give him my typical lost look and ask him where I should put it. He says “put it in the box.” I turn around scanning for any logical looking post office box. They point me to a small one hanging outside on a pole. I look at the men in the office to reconfirm the place before dropping my letter inside. I slide my letter in the box and the three men in the office stood and applauded. I guess they were as proud of me as I was for this new experience :D

No comments:

Post a Comment