Here are some more pictures that will hopefully give you a little bit better understanding of my life. Comment if you have any picture requests!
| Invited over for lunch (the big meal of the day) |
| Chicken Panini with a noodle casserole |
| Helping in the kitchen |
| Youth with... chocolate chip cookies |
| Friends |
| My class |
| The study at my house (week 1) |
| A tram stop during school hours (packed) |
| Tram- what I take to work |
| Study at my home (week 2) |
| Walking by the water |
| Cats are everywhere all the time. They seem to thrive on the garbage that litters the ground and the piles of it on street corners. |
| Milk shakes! |
| Calculating results for the final test of my first course! |
| Class... or .... friends |
| One of my students who came over with his wife and daughter for dinner. |
| Ful sandwich- breakfast, lunch, dinner... it's a staple here! |
| Micro-bus my second means of transportation |
| Part of the holiday which commemorates Abraham's sacrifice involves killing a sheep or as in this picture a cow. You wouldn't believe how red the street was from its blood. |
| A couple of cow heads for you! |
| Little shops like this are all over the place particularly during this holiday. |
| Sheep pins have gone up all over the city as millions will be participating in sacrifices. |
| Decorations have also gone up around the city where there will be prayers on the street. This is probably the biggest holiday of the year. |
| This holiday also is a popular time for fellowships that have conferences! Headed out of the city, and enjoying the view! |
| It's "Eid" and I have a week off work, so I went to a 3 day conference with my graduate group from the fellowship I attend. |
| So the first day of the conference was Valentines day... yep, they really celebrate it here. |
| Quite time |
| My roommate who quickly learned I talk in my sleep (yes, even in Arabic)! |
| I might have brought a frisbee ;) |
| The beautiful location of the conference! |
| Thankful for those who let me know what's going on in English! |
| Go RED (oHmar)! |
I want to see a picture out your window to the wall that the person was watching you dump dirt into your pot from :)
ReplyDeleteComing right up!
ReplyDelete