The other day I was mopping my ceiling. "Why?" you may ask. "Because there was ash on it" I would say. "What from?" would be the logical next question which I would then have to respond with the story of my pot of oil that caught on fire while I was heating it up to make french fries. Water on a grease flame is not a good idea and only makes the 1 and1/2 foot flame shoot up another 5 feet (thus the need to mop the ceiling). I proceed to hold my flaming pot outside the window while I think about what to do... "no I shouldn't drop it, I surely can run it down 4 flights of stairs, I don't remember seeing a fire extinguished anywhere, I sure wish my dad was here, ahh yes there is a flower box outside the window in the next room." I carefully carried the pot through the doorway and stuck it in the flower pot. Then I took a cup and started scooping up dirt to pour on it. All this while the men standing on the wall across the street from me casually watched.
| It anyone knows how I can rotate these pictures that would be great! |
| Jordan, there is the wall they were standing on! |
| I now own my own fire extinguisher (which made for a story itself as I carried it around town and yes even into the grocery store.) |
No comments:
Post a Comment