The somewhat country girl has moved to the city! With some flight delays, my dad and I made it safely. I have been getting to know those with which I will be working, settling into my apartment, getting to know some of the streets (this shall prove to be an interesting test for someone who can't find her way out of a wet paper bag), and shopping for supplies (most of them involving food and cooking :)
I have a large apartment on the 4th floor in the same building as some co-workers.
Having my dad here has been a tremendous blessing as he is great at getting to know people and figuring out everything I might need during my time here.
My favorite parts have been meeting some of the locals and starting to catch a vision for all kinds of opportunities. My first business English class starts on Monday.
Here are some pictures from my life so far!
I have a large apartment on the 4th floor in the same building as some co-workers.
Having my dad here has been a tremendous blessing as he is great at getting to know people and figuring out everything I might need during my time here.
My favorite parts have been meeting some of the locals and starting to catch a vision for all kinds of opportunities. My first business English class starts on Monday.
Here are some pictures from my life so far!
Saying goodby <3
At the Air and Space Museum during a layover in D.C.
2 day journey... you had to sleep sometime, somewhere
The Pre-school for which I will be doing some planning.
Coloring
My Dad is the best person with little kids I know! Here he was giving the boy a play-doe ear. He didn't intend for the boy to stick it in his ear.
Some of the helpers at the Pre-school who helped me with some language learning.
Figuring out the streets!
| Day room |
My room
Living room (great for lots of people!)
Dinning room... where the landlord has been storing some of her stuff.
My kitchen
Soon to be an... office? Once the rest of the furniture is gone (apartments here come with furniture ...as you can see!)
Night time out my bedroom window.
This is the view from the foot of my bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment