Living in a desert is... interesting. Everyplace can teach us something about the Creator and our Lord.
The days that reach 109F I get closer to buying an air conditioner, but each night cools off. Everyone moves outdoors with their coffee, tea, sunflower seeds, and family members.
A cool southwestern wind blows through my bedroom window and I forget until 10 the next morning that it's summer.
The wind brings an unparalleled relief, and I contemplate the work of the Holy Spirit. Wind is often used as a metaphor for the Spirit, I presumed because of His unseen effect and movement.
I have a new appreciation for the relationship between wind and the Spirit because of the refreshment and relief it brings.
Is that not what the Spirit of God does within our hearts?
He makes clouds rise from the ends of the earth; he sends lightning with the rain and brings out the wind from his storehouses.
Psalms 135:7
No comments:
Post a Comment