I turned over in my bed. The car with the mega phone out the back window was making its rounds.
A sinking feeling flooded in over me, as this time, I knew the meaning of the announcement. My good friend's husband who had slipped into a coma last night had not made it. His funeral arrangements were being announced across the city.
An abusive alcoholic God gave him a month of kidney failure to make things right. I had wanted to share with him, to present truth and hope with urgency as the times seemed to demand from God.
But despite having had an hour with him in the car the previous week on his way to the hospital.... I said nothing.
"Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes."
James 4:14
No comments:
Post a Comment