Wait, you're serious!? You're going to let me take your 12 and 20 year old daughter on an overnight trip to Amman?
I smile at the honor of being trusted in culture of NO.
I would give them wings to fly but be ready to protect them with my life.
On arriving to the hotel they delighted in the beds covered in white comforters with a fluffy pillow on top and the air conditioning units which we quickly turned on.
Just that morning I had picked them up from their home where I had found their mom still lying on the tile floor... Not even on top of the typical floor cushion... Because the tile is cooler.
It's a surreal life when you have a foot in luxury and a foot in poverty.
When you have a simple way of blessing someone in a way they'll not soon forget.
I smile at the honor of being trusted in culture of NO.
I would give them wings to fly but be ready to protect them with my life.
On arriving to the hotel they delighted in the beds covered in white comforters with a fluffy pillow on top and the air conditioning units which we quickly turned on.
Just that morning I had picked them up from their home where I had found their mom still lying on the tile floor... Not even on top of the typical floor cushion... Because the tile is cooler.
It's a surreal life when you have a foot in luxury and a foot in poverty.
When you have a simple way of blessing someone in a way they'll not soon forget.

No comments:
Post a Comment