Inspired by Ben Rector's Song: "The Men That Drive Me Places"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npEfe_2B9Nk (Open it up and sing along!)
To All the Teacher's Who Serve Selflessly Everyday
Ms. Bee drives a Honda to go to work in that little school
Ms. Bee drives a Honda to go to work in that little school
And it's been that way since 1982
Does her work up on the chalkboard,
explained to them how they could soar
I didn't ask but I can tell she’s
from the South
And she spoke proudly of her
son-in-law that he was handsome and really quite tall
And that she always wished she'd fared
so well
You can tell she was inside aching,
built a future without taking
And somehow I'm the one you people rave about
Oh isn't that just the way it goes
You're dealt a good hand and you get celebrated
Oh how am I the only one who knows
I'm half the woman of the women who take you places
Mrs. Kell showed up early fifteen minutes
till six thirty
Making sure that that she was ready
for the day
She said she loved her daughters, and on them spent most her pay
She said she loved her daughters, and on them spent most her pay
She spends the weekends on grading,
lesson plans, and caving
She wore a neatly ironed dress shirt
and puts her students all to work
And deep inside I couldn't help but
ask myself
Why that I was in a plane, everybody
knows my name
While Mrs. Kell is up early taking care of somebody else
Oh isn't that just the way it goes
You're dealt a good hand and you get celebrated
Oh how am I the only one who knows
I'm half the woman of the women who take you places
Oh isn't that just the way it goes
You're dealt a good hand and you get celebrated
Oh how am I the only one who knows
I'm half the woman of the women who take you places
And now everything's not given, I work hard to make my living
But I'll give credit where I think credits due
Maybe you got dealt a good hand
Maybe you play it the best that you can
But I don't know how far you'd walk without those cards
In Ms. Bee's or Mrs. Kell's working shoes
But that's just the way it goes
You're dealt a good hand and you get celebrated
Oh how am I the only one who knows
I'm half the woman of the women that take you places
Last Day
To Walk the Halls
And Leave Your Second Home



No comments:
Post a Comment