Here are some highlights from 2014. Looking back I praise God for every blessing!
After coming back to the States in September of 2013, the year 2014 meant...
Family time with a New Year's kick of in NYC
Where I was given LOTS of apples
And had a LITTLE fun
2014 meant meeting lots of Iraqi refugee families with plenty of but also extraordinary hospitality
Continuing to help the home school families I was working with before via Skype
(By the way, if anyone is interested I'm looking for someone to take over this weekly commitment)
Valentines' weekend trip with this lady to speak at the 60th anniversary of a rehab facility her husband and her started
Study the Bible with some of Florida Youth Challenge Academy girls each week
Going to Prom with the Florida Youth Challenge Academy girls
Playing soccer in a predominately refugee neighborhood
The balls never lasted long but they were well loved!
Going to the fair with family and friends

Easter Egg hunt with our church and an Iraqi family
Watching track meets
Driving mothers (or my mother driving us)
Getting a bag back several months after my Exodus
Running with a student and friends
School awards ceremonies
Visiting local mosques
Playing dress up
Driving my sister's convertible with out of town friends
Sister trip to Canada to visit a dear friend from Egypt!
Getting to know a certain sister's admirer
Somehow ended teaching 4th grade after turning down the job at least 20 times. This is where I came to believe that when you seek God's will He WILL guide despite thinking I had the right answer.
One of my highlights was being able to introduce a family to the beach for the first time.
Getting to treat my Iraqi friends to free stuff was another highlight, I supplied bandannas for dress like a pirate day and Krsipy Kreme supplied a trunk load of glazed doughnuts

Another road trip to George with this lady, we pride ourselves in our exactly 70 year age gap
Some kind of errand somewhere... always pushing how many people could fit in my 4 person car, so far I have an 8 person Iraqi record.
Always enjoyed my weekly debrief/encouragement time and Arabic lesson.
Getting a Sudanese style Henna tattoo. Thankfully the last bit grew out of my fingernails 3 months later just before my sister's wedding!
God bless the seed scattered. He blessed my hand in the scattering.
































No comments:
Post a Comment