Tuesday, August 6, 2013

What do I do?


I teach English 5 days a week to 3 classes, so I have around 40 students.


If I told all of the Muhammads to sit together, I would learn the names quicker! 


After about 6 weeks together, my first class is finished with this level. I hope to see most of them again as class provides many opportunities for good discussions.

Meeting with two of my classes outside of class to break fast together.

 

Much of my time is spent with different friends and their families that I have gotten to know well.
 Spent several good times with this family and looking for more opportunities with them even though they live a little outside the city.


Another one of the many families I have come to know and love. Two of these girls are interested in studying more. Searching for such people in the city.


One of my very dear friends but also not very receptive. I need to get back into diligent studying of Arabic and hope to start that with her.
 

 1 very old friend on the left and 4 very new friends on the right at a breaking of the fast that my church put on for the community.


 The girl on the left is from NY and living with me for 3 weeks looking to share in the work.


A lady I met last year from Australia, we have been studying together one on one weekly as she seeks knowledge but is unsure of faith.


Working right now on a conference for the parents of these homeschoolers to help them do their planning for next year.

 Enjoying teaching English to children from the community through my Arabic fellowship.


Started a study with my small English fellowship after our service sitting outside, but actually most of the "English people have left for the summer and so it is mostly non-English speakers that come.


Just recently went away a couple of days fora conference with my Arabic fellowship. It was a good get away, a great conference topic, and a nice time to get to know my brothers and sisters better.


A small group meets a my house to discuss with eachother about how to discuss with others.


Just leaving my door open. Three girls were here the other night when I wasn't. I enjoyed getting a call from one looking for pajamas to wear :P


Washing my clothes every so often and hanging them out here to dry ;)
Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment