Thursday, August 15, 2013

The Land of Curfew

My parents never gave me a curfew growing up. They taught me to be responsible and then gave me the freedom to practice it.
Now, everyone "must" be in by 7pm. Just last week, with it being Ramadan, people didn't really even go out till after 7pm.
I can't believe that this is really supposed to last a month. I still have no idea what will happen with work; since I generally teach from 6pm-10pm.
Physically, this curfew is what I may have needed as my bed time has gotten later and later in efforts to squeeze more into a day.
My embassy is sending me long security emails and urging my departure, but as I don't go out much, since there's not much to go out for, I don't fully sense the devastation of the country.
Many churches have been burned throughout the country, but I'm lifting this up as an opportunity for even closer ties to the Father and each other and a brighter light to the community and nation.

Beauty from ashes... I need it for my life and for this country.

No comments:

Post a Comment