Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Bursting in Air


FIREWORKS! CHEERS! FLAGS! PATRIOTISM! SMILES! JOY!
It’s not even July 4th/Independence Day in America until tomorrow, but I am overwhelmed by the joyful cheers and bursting of fireworks here as the Egyptian people celebrate. Lights shoot up into the night breaking the darkness after the announcement of freedom.

I will share in the joy of my country here today and my country there tomorrow, but every day I rejoice in my freedom in the country whose borders are not on this earth.


We are born into slavery and often it is all we ever know. We are kept in the dark and with no water. So, why do our hearts resonate with this theme of bondage being broken and people being set free? Why do we value the blood that was spilt? Have you heard the announcement?

Have you been set free?

No comments:

Post a Comment