I hop in a micro bus on my way to work but just around the corner the traffic slows to a crawl. We approach a gas station and see long lines of cars blocking half the road waiting for a chance to fill up with however much they are allowed. After passing it, the micro bus speeds off only to come to a dead stop a little further down near the next gas station. This is where I hop out trusting my legs will take me the second half quicker.
I often go through daily life and discover things that would make a good blog, but then it is a toss up between living more life or stopping to blog about life. Maybe I will try to do both which explains why I started this the day before yesterday and am back to it at 2:00am tonight.
While many thoughts run through my head, the foremost thing in everyone's mind and on their tongue here is June, 30th. People here have been talking about this day for over a month with many planning to be in the streets demonstrating. Unfortunately, you will most likely hear of it in the news, but pray that it may not be severe. Even this is an open door for talking with people about the source of peace.
 |
| Getting ready... I guess |
I wish I could record many of the conversations, meetings and studies I've had recently. My Father has been very gracious to allow me to see his hand at work in several of the lives around me. You know it is really his work when people want to spend hours day after day discussing the truth. It is an adventure, not just because I am in a foreign country but everywhere, to start each day and see who he brings in your life for a quick planting or a constant watering.
I was encouraged by Exodus 2:25 today.
"God saw the people of Israel—and God knew."
... God saw the people here—and God knew, God saw Lindsey—and God knew, God sees you —and God knows.
Do you wonder what He knows??..... Yeah, me too ;)
 |
| Homeschool! |
 |
| Yes, I've ridden a tuk-tuk |
 |
| What to do on a 4 hour bus ride back from a wedding? Hang out in the back seat with this boy and have him teaching you an Christian Arabic kids song. |
 |
| I found a good deal on silverware... |
 |
| From this store |
 |
| The boy and I traded places but I didn't do much better with my picture. |
 |
| All of that is 1/4th of a guinea which is 1/7th of a dollar? Woo for government subsidies. |
 |
| Children's Summer Program at my fellowship that seeks to reach out to the community. I AM THE... english teacher :P |
 |
| Science majors who just finished their last exam. Yeah, they were pretty happy... they laughed protested when I said they would one day miss college. |
 |
| We each live for something... can I tell you what it is for me? |
 |
| From the lanterns and sacks of dried food you can tell Ramadan is less than 2 weeks away. |
No comments:
Post a Comment