Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Another World

Sitting here listening to K-Love, one of my favorite radio stations back home, as I watch 7 of my students taking their final English exam for this course.
In 2 days, my English classes will end, and I will be leaving my regular courses to focus on my full time Arabic program which has already started.
My classes will end with somewhat of a celebration/sad good bye. We quickly become like family around here and some of these students I have been used to seeing twice a week for the ten months I've been here.
Wow, life's phases... after 10 months here, I am looking forward to coming back to America in 2 more months, I will bring pictures with me but they won't be able to express just how normal my life has become living in a city, taking public transportation, walking through the streets, dodging cars, stepping over puddles, greeting store owners...
I stare into the faces of my students; life is precious, and there is worth a value in each of the things the Father calls us to do. It's not always easy, but it's always worth doing well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment