Sunday, November 15, 2015

Love and Flies

I might have fallen in love today. I’m not sure but I felt something a little different towards this little dusty desert city. It’s still yet to be proved but it felt like a smile and a spring in my step. It started with entering a government office this morning where I was taken to the manager and poured a cup of the welcoming coffee which is one swallows worth that you throw back trying not to taste it on the way down. I’m quite sure there was a fly in it. I’m lacking the hard evidence though because I decided to swallow the lump in my throat rather than cough it up to check. Hoping to only stay 5 minutes to get a quick question answered I could only chuckle to myself after a cup of Nescafe, an hour and a half, and watching my paper get run around the building. I was then sent to the governor’s office down the road where I would wait for another hour but not without lively conversation.  Now, I’m just waiting on a phone call that the police have approved my Thanksgiving celebration in the community library.

And I feel strangely at home as a stranger here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment