Monday, August 31, 2015

And the Journey Still Begins

Starting all over…

Here we go again…

Ready or not here it comes…

I guess these could be the general statements to describe my emotions as I set out from my homeland to what will inevitably become my new home. Of course, a big question before you leave is how do you feel? I am not a verbal processor, but as I thought and journaled I could describe my emotions in a couple of ways. Firstly, I try not to have too many expectations because it makes disappointment less of a possibility. Second, leaving doesn’t get easier the more you do it; rather it gets harder. Maybe, the life ahead becomes less of an adventure and more of just life that we are called to faithfully live out. 

Yet, in the faithfully living out I have come to find that often the hardest things in life are also those that bring the most joy. I have been more burdened for and by ministry than ever before in the last couple of years, so the challenge I will embrace as I fittingly titled my blog years ago to Rejoice Still.


My new year’s resolution was to “Sing the song of the blessed”. I made it a habit to write down one thing I am thankful for every day. Isaiah 43:19-21, which has become my theme verses for this trip, says, “I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert… to give drink to my chosen people, the people whom I formed for myself that they might declare my praise.” We were created to praise him, being so incredibly blest by others in the last few months as I set out, I want the singing part of that resolution to represent an overflow from recognizing my blessings, to declaring his praise, to becoming a blessing that others may declare his praise as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment